[webkit-dev] strange behaviour when loading local webpage using file://

Jenson Lui jhnlui at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:32:06 PST 2009

Hello,

  hmm...actually I did a search and only find something related by
Dhananjoy Chutia's email. However, look like no one reply to
the issue (or i miss the email reply?) It would be nice if anyone can
help to copy the reply or show the link to it. Thanks!

Regards,
Hung

the email is quoted here
================begin==========================
Hi,
 Here are some observations:

When I try to load file:///home/dhananjoy/index.html , the following error
is shown.
GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_read_async: assertion `G_IS_FILE (file)'
failed.

As per my observation d->m_gfile is not NULL upto the statement
 client->didReceiveResponse(handle, response); : line no 590 in
WebCore/platform/network/soup/ResourceHandleSoup.cpp
But, afterward d->m_gfile becomes NULL.

It is to be noted that my I am using glib-2.15.3.

Regards
Dhananjoy