[webkit-dev] if-modified-since not working with https

Scott Schmitz scott at realorganized.com
Thu Feb 26 21:00:20 PST 2009

I have an ajax application which has been optimized to use if-modified-
since to minimize the data traffic.  It used to work fine on Safari,
but now I am seeing that it works when I make the request using http
but does not when I make the request using https.  I am wondering what
the problem is?  I had been seeing a problem earlier with large data
sets being returned not being cached - like anything above 100k would
not cache.  I believe this was fixed, but am wondering if there's
something special about https caching?  Are there size limits? Perhaps
you never cache?

Here's the AJAX request:

and this is the response my server returns:
HTTP/1.x 200 OK