[webkit-dev] Questions about expected test results

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Wed Feb 25 11:13:07 PST 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 1:41:50 pm Sami Kukkonen wrote:
> Being new to WebKit this is confusing so I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1.	Why doesn't trunk-qt-linux-release run layout tests? Is it known
> and expected that hundreds of them will fail?

The buildbot for the QtWebKit port does not currently execute layout tests.
This is a known issue and is being worked on.  Torch Mobile plans on hosting a
new buildbot for the QtWebKit port that will have the layout tests turned on.

It is known that lots of tests do not currently pass.  That is a result of
some bitrot in the implementation of DRT for the Qt port, but it is being
worked on.  Lots of the failures are a result of problems with DRT rather than
the Qt port itself.

> 2.	Why does trunk-qt-linux-release report jscore-test as passed
> when results file contains 50 failures?

Again, the current Qt buildbot has issues, but a plan is in place to fix this.

Cheers,
Adam