[webkit-dev] Equivalent of WebKit/Qt's link delegation policy in WebKit/Gtk+?

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Feb 24 10:34:43 PST 2009

Am Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:56:58 +0000
schrieb "Andrew S. Townley" <ast at atownley.org>:

> Hi Luke,
>
> I don't think that'll be necessary to do what I want with the new
> navigation-policy-decision-requested signal handling.  I think I can
> just intercept these nicely when they happen and do the right thing.
>
> [...]
>
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 05:31 -0800, lkcl wrote:
> >
> > what that would tend to suggest, therefore, is that you create a
> > customised version of libcurl which supports your own formatted
> > urls.
> >
> > [...]

Hey,

note that some time ago the WebKitGtk hackers decided to drop support
for libcurl and always work with libsoup. If you check out the source
from the repository by now, you have to build with libsoup. The idea is
that you want to be able to access the network implementation and by
far the most effecient approach is to expose the SoupSession* and
SoupMessage* objects where appropriate.

So you don't have to fork or customize anything. Support for custom URI
schemes is planned in libSoup for the future. Further more Glib is
going to support networking functionality. And you don't depend on
WebKit supporting a particular feature. If your use case is missing,
file a feature request, the libSoup maintainer is a nice person :)

Regards,
    Christian