[webkit-dev] pageshow equivalent event in Webkit?

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sat Feb 21 15:30:39 PST 2009

20.02.2009, в 22:39, bluebeard at gmail.com написал(а):

> I'd prefer not to insert empty frames to defeat caching, for
> example... just need a way to clear a state variable in a case where
> a user returns to a cached page.

We definitely need to implement pageshow/pagehide.

By the way, inserting an empty frame is not a future-proof way to
prevent a document from going into back/forward cache - the best
solution for this is to attach an unload event handler.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov

P.S. In other words, I don't have an answer to your question, and I
doubt that a good workaround exists.