[webkit-dev] CSS Transforms implementation?

Simon Fraser simon.fraser at apple.com
Wed Feb 18 08:27:42 PST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 8:09 AM, Rob Kroeger wrote:

> Is it the intent of WebKit team to implement CSS transform
> specification (http://webkit.org/specs/CSSVisualEffects/CSSTransforms.html
> ).  I can't find much of it in the code yet and was wondering if
> this is because the features aren't written yet? (I found
> WebKitCSSMatrix but none of convertPointFromNodeToPage and its
> friends seem to exist in the code (as of Monday of this week at
> least).

The CSS properties described in the spec are fully implemented in
WebKit, as is CSSMatrix (called WebKitCSSMatrix in the source).

convertPointFromNodeToPage is not yet implemented, but we plan to do
that soon.

> I also have a comment about the specification. Would it be
> reasonable to add a point property to all mouse (and probably touch)
> events?

I'll leave it for others to say if it's reasonable, but I assume you'd
like to see event.pagePoint and perhaps event.nodePoint? I think it's
unlikely that we would do this any time soon, and extremely unlikely
for it to be standardized.

Simon