[webkit-dev] Queries on Bug: 23310

Vikram Hegde vhegde94 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 21:50:06 PST 2009

Hi ,

The Bug 23310 is Setting an absolute path (/abs) on an <iframe> with no src doesn't resolve the URL properly.

So I have analysed the bug,and here are my comments.Kindly let me know i m on the right track of solving the bug.

Analysis:

The kurl.cpp is the actual place where the url gets resolved and is being parsed.So the parameter for the init function in kurl.cpp should have the complete format i.e. javascript:document.location.replace('/') instead the parameter which is being parsed contains only /.This is the reason why the parsing of the url is not done properly and invalidate function gets called which redirects the page to reflect nothing.

In short i think the scr which the kurl should parse should be the entire string (javascript:document.location.replace('/') ) . This is the reason i feel the parsing of url is not done propely.

Kindly suggest whether i m in the right track or not and the possible solutions for the problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram