[webkit-dev] Reliably determine ready state of a browser?

cooksey at cs.wisc.edu cooksey at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 16 10:30:41 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a reliable
way to determine the state of a WebKit-based browser?

I'm working on a browser automation project, and we need to know when the
browser has completed operations that we initiate.  The Javascript
property document.readyState seems to be designed for this but, in Safari
at least, there is a very noticeable lag between initiating a navigate
operation and the document.readyState property changing from "complete" to

I'd appreciate any help, or suggestions on how to clarify my question :)

-Greg