[webkit-dev] Fwd: Building WebKit in VC++ 2005

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:51:14 PST 2009

Hi Saumya:

On Feb 15, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Saumya wrote:

> I installed all the developer tools  needed and build in cygwin
> shell... It buits ok but when i debug there r messages like 'meke
> sure the project type <.vcproj> is installed'
> Also i tried to open the webkit solution in VC++ 2005.
> when i run so many errors come like 'fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'unicode/uchar.h': No such file or directory'
> Please Help...

You are most likely getting these errors when opening the Visual
Studio project because you are missing one (or both) environment
variables:

WEBKITOUTPUTDIR  -- The path where the build places the auto-generated
sources, libraries, and resulting binaries.
WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR -- The path to the build dependencies included in
the "WebKitLibraries.zip" installed during update-webkit.  This is
where the "unicode" headers are located.

This is discussed in http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingOnWindows.

I think if you set them to the appropriate paths in your environment,
you will find that you can open, run, and debug via Visual Studio.

Good luck!

-Brent