[webkit-dev] Qt Early Warning System intermittently online

Andras Becsi abecsi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Sun Dec 27 12:55:45 PST 2009

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Andras Becsi<abecsi at inf.u-szeged.hu>  wrote:
>> Holger Freyther wrote:
>>> The thing I could offer is a Jail on one of my FreeBSD servers or maybe the
>>> Szeged University has some more capacity as well?
>>
>> Actually we have, and will contact Adam as soon as we have our system
>> installed and configured properly for our new buildbots (beginning of
>> January).
>
> Hosting the qt-ews on Ubuntu Karmic is now super easy.  I can give you
> a script that takes a fresh Karmic install and boots it into running
> the bot.  Depending on how much you're paying for hardware, EC2 might
> be more or less cost effective than owning the machines outright.

We have dedicated hardware for buildbot purposes now, which should be
enougth for running the qt-ews too. We are running a Debian Lenny setup,
the script for Karmic, however, would be a great help.
As soon as I am back from vacation in January I'll contact you regarding
this.

> After Gtk, I might try to tackle Windows (although I've never actually
> gotten WebKit to build on Windows).

We plan to bring buildbots for QtWebKit Windows into action, so to
configure an EWS for that platform could also be a goal for the near future.

br,
Andras