[webkit-dev] Qt Early Warning System intermittently online

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Sat Dec 26 10:07:19 PST 2009

Some folks in the Qt community expressed interest in getting an early
warning system up and running for Qt.  I brought up an instance of the
Qt EWS on Amazon's EC2 yesterday, and everything worked great.

The machine time costs about $130/month (for a high-CPU, medium-size
instance), which I'm happy to pay in the short term.  In the long
term, though, it might be better if someone with a more direct
interest in the Qt port funded the bot.

I'm going to be taking the bot up and down over the next week as I
experiment with making it easy to boot an EC2 instance of bot by
running a single script.

Adam