[webkit-dev] Should we ever change style guidelines?

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Thu Dec 10 11:35:38 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Adam Treat <treat at kde.org> wrote:

> both are confusing and in my mind call for exercising reviewer
> discretion over the style guide.
>
> And I *do not* think the
> style guide is wrong for the *guide* to prefer "!foo" over "foo == 0"!

OK.  Then I have no idea what your standards are.  Uses of !foo are
confusing, but foo == 0 shouldn't be preferred, except when it should.
 Whatever.

In several dozen emails we have progressed no further.  Stalemates like this
and feelings like "this is inexplicable" as above are precisely why I don't
want reviewer judgement guiding style on patches that I or anyone else
submits.

PK