[webkit-dev] Database in Worker context

Eric Uhrhane ericu at chromium.org
Wed Dec 9 17:21:25 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Dmitry Titov <dimich at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Eric Uhrhane <ericu at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>>  I've pulled the database-related members out of Document and made a
>> new class for them, DatabaseManager.  An instance of that is owned by
>> each ScriptExecutionContext.  There are two flavors,
>> DocumentDatabaseManager and WorkerDatabaseManager.  They're not very
>> different, but in a few cases it was necessary to distinguish between
>> them
>
> I don't see your code, just generic thought: If those classes are small,
> then perhaps ScriptExecutionContext could absorb a couple of methods to deal
> with that? Some of them could be virtual and implemented differently on
> Document and WorkerContext.
> Dmitry

You don't see the code because I sent this as an early
warning--there's nothing checked in yet.
The classes aren't huge, and in fact most of the code was in Document
before, but given that it's all to do with a separable concept [the
Database], I thought it nicer to pull it out.  Let's
see...DatabaseManger.cpp is 172 lines [including copyright headers,
etc.] and the header is 107.  Seems like a lot to sprinkle through
ScriptExecutionContext, Database, and WorkerContext.  You can take a
look at my current code [where I'm backing it up--this won't actually
be sent for review from this repository] at
http://codereview.chromium.org/401016/show [mostly storage + v8
bindings] and http://codereview.chromium.org/464018/show [mostly
Chrome browser process stuff] and see what you think.

Thanks,

     Eric