[webkit-dev] Should we ever change style guidelines? (was Re: Resolution on switch statement indentation)

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Wed Dec 9 13:37:25 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> That's my thinking on the matter, perhaps others have other opinions.
> Regards,
> Maciej

+1. Very sound rules of thumb; please preserve them somewhere! FWIW,
these are basically the principles we followed at Oracle; the only
additional principle was that the style guide would change as
technology changed. This usually applies to rules that forbid things
that aren't widely implemented (e.g., compilers on important platforms
that didn't support namespaces or exception).

-- Dirk