[webkit-dev] Resolution on switch statement indentation

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Wed Dec 9 11:25:24 PST 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 02:04:07 pm Darin Adler wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Adam Treat wrote:
> > Ok, well FWIW I disagree that the current rule makes things hard to read
> > and I do not like the idea of changing it. I object on the same grounds
> > as the other recent styling change proposals as well as substantively
> > that it makes anything easier to read.
>
> Sorry to keep this topic open — I try to stay out of these — but this one
> is slightly different than the namespace indenting or whatever else was
> recently discussed in that there is still a roughly 50/50 split in existing
> code despite the style guide listing an unambiguous rule.
>
>     -- Darin

Yep, that does distinguish.  That being said, my personal preference would be
either to keep the current rule and change the code to meet it or even better
just eliminate the rule altogether since the community hasn't been following
it anyways.  That speaks negatively to the real world value of the rule IMHO.

Cheers,
Adam