[webkit-dev] Resolution on switch statement indentation

Chris Marrin cmarrin at apple.com
Wed Dec 9 10:03:23 PST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Adam Treat wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 December 2009 10:26:24 am Chris Marrin wrote:
>> I saw another patch get rejected today because of switch statement
>> indentation. We discussed this last week, and I saw a lot of support
>> for my proposal of indenting case labels from their switch. But the
>> discussion did not end in resolution. To summarize, here are the
>> options mentioned:
>>
>> 1) Case labels always have the same indentation as their switch
>> (today's rule)
>> Anyway, how do we come to resolution on this?
>
> What is wrong with keeping the current rule?

As I pointed out in the previous thread, I feel like it makes the code
harder to read, and got several responses of agreement. Also most of
the switch statements in the code currently indent the case labels, so
it will mean lots of code changes. I think it would be better to
change the rule.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin at apple.com