[webkit-dev] NPN_IdentifierIsString always return true?

Eddy Bruël ejpbruel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:41:14 PST 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm currently in the process of building a scriptable plugin using
NPAPI/NPRuntime,
and I'm trying to make the thing work with both ordinary property access and
array
access.

To this end, I have the following check in the implementation of my
hasProperty() / getProperty()

if (NPN_IdentifierIsString(identifier))
    ... // Ordinary property access
else
    ... // Array access

However, when I trace my plugin, I notice that NPN_IdentifierIsString()
always returns
true, even if I do an array access. It looks like the array index gets
converted to a string
before it is passed to any of my callbacks. This doesn't seem right to me,
or is it?

Cheers,

Eddy