[webkit-dev] Not Implemented "selectAll"

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:28:31 PST 2009

I noticed that the GTK and some other ports provide a "selectAll" method as part of the default context menu, but that this is disabled in the various Apple builds.  Is this just a style choice?  Or is there some reason this works in GTK but not Cocoa or Windows?

I notice that the IWebFrame interface provides a stub for this through the IWebDocumentText interface, which I was happily connecting to when I realized that it dead-ends in a "notImplemented" call.

Is this just something no one has completed implementing?  Or was it discarded at some point?

Since the Windows CTRL-A keystroke (and Mac Command-A keystroke) does a select all action, I'm a bit surprised that this is not accessible in the right-click menu.

Thanks,

-Brent