[webkit-dev] namespace indent

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:29:33 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, Jeremy Orlow wrote:

> Adam's right though: unlike most of the other style changes, if we don't fix
> this one all at once, only new files will ever match the style guide.  This
> is different than most of the other guidelines where things eventually
> converge as people touch lines of the file.

I am in favor of using a script to do this change.  It looks like
we're using a similar approach to do a global rename:

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/do-webcore-rename

Once created, the script could be executed on a per folder, or per
project basis, etc. depending on what people prefer.  I expressed
interest a couple weeks ago in writing such a script:

https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2009-November/010521.html

Since I don't have a time frame though, I'm not suggesting that people
hold off on fixing the issue in files they touch.

--Chris