[webkit-dev] SVG Filters

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 1 18:07:53 PST 2009

Good morning WebKit crowd,

I'd like to enable SVG FIlters support by default. This is the last
remaining piece before we can officially claim SVG 1.0/1.1 support,
in our SVG DOM implementation (through SVG requiredFeatures/
requiredExtensions functionality).

Dirk has done an amazing job, providing most of our new cross-platform
filter support. In previous discussions, security concerns have been
raised,
as the code is doing pixel-manipulations, with web content as input,
so it's a place that needs special attention. Oliver specifically
asked for a
person not involved in reviewing the patches, but a 3rd party to check
the code for potential problems.

What do you think about this approach? Would anyone volunteer, for
having a look over the existing filters code in trunk?
Does anyone see other problems with turning on filters?

Thanks for your input,
Niko