[webkit-dev] Whitespace changes

Peter Kasting pkasting at google.com
Thu Aug 27 11:55:27 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM, David Levin <levin at chromium.org> wrote:

> fwiw, I know that the check-webkit-style checks for trailing whitespace
> (and I approved that change - sorry), but I think it should probably be
> removed.

Since opinions were requested, I'm in favor of both the check-webkit-style
change here and Adam's patch, as well as other cleanup patches.  Maintaining
a cultural attitude that is widely positive towards cleanup makes people
feel less reticent about cleaning up, and taking ownership of, code;
frowning on certain types of cleanup makes people less likely to do _any_
cleanup.

As far as blame annotations, I don't mind paging past a cleanup change when
trying to do archaeology on code; I have to go past enough other changes
already that one more doesn't make much of a difference overall.

PK