[webkit-dev] Whitespace changes

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Wed Aug 26 22:35:25 PDT 2009

Adam just landed a fairly substantial patch that did nothing but
remove whitespace from the ends of lines.  While we had a thread about
style changes earlier, it was in the context of changes that actually
bring code into line with style guidelines in a way that actually
effects the visible layout of code.

I do not believe that patches such as r47808 should be considered
valuable as the changes have no visible effect on code layout, but do
impact our ability to effectively use tools like svn or git blame,
however the situation is slightly ambiguous on this matter so i
thought i should bring it up on the mailing list.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

--Oliver