[webkit-dev] Implementation thoughts on HTML5 elements

Anthony Ricaud rik24d at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 03:12:08 PDT 2009

I'm concerned about the actual implementation of email, url, tel and
number. In shipping versions of Safari (and maybe other browsers ?),
those are exposed but without new functionality. Before that, a simple
test on input.type != number was sufficient to provide an alternative
via Javascript if necessary. And it goes against the philosophy of
testing the functionality instead of relying on browser sniffing.