[webkit-dev] Security advice for linux browsers based on WebKit

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:48:44 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> I think it's probably possible to change the default on all platforms other
> than Mac. I do not believe the compatibility issues we're concerned about
> for Mac affect any other port. I think this would be a good choice.

I most definitely agree here. If there is no need to worry about
compatibility on the other platforms I think it is a good idea to
close down such a potential security threat by default. Platform
porters may not realize there are such risky settings and could
release insecure software as a result. Though they deserve some
responsibility in that, it is also smart to try to prevent such
problems at the WebKit level.

Ryan