[webkit-dev] Security advice for linux browsers based on WebKit

Serge Noiraud Serge.Noiraud at laposte.net
Mon Aug 24 10:23:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm writing a webkit application which use only local files ( gramps-project )
I use python-webkit and pywebkitgtk. This is not a browser for the user.

If I understand correctly, in a near futur, my application will not work.
Is there a way to avoid this kind of problem ?
Can we authorize one application to use local files ?

I use in python :

        self.window = webkit.WebView()
        settings = self.window.get_settings()
        settings.set_property("enable-developer-extras", True)

Can we set this property too ? and how ?
Does this mean python-webkit and pywebkitgtk should take care of this ?