[webkit-dev] svn-* scripts

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Fri Aug 21 19:14:06 PDT 2009

On Friday, August 21, 2009 at 5:32:14 PM, Darin Adler wrote:

> I’m a little irritated that we’re changing our Subversion scripts,
> svn-create-patch, svn-apply, and svn-unapply into WebKit-specific scripts.
> Previously, they were scripts that were independent of the particular project
> that enhanced Subversion in a non-project-specific way. I used the WebKit
> version on many projects other than the WebKit project.

The only dependency these scripts have is VSCUtils.pm, which contains common routines used by (almost) all the scripts.  If these scripts are used elsewhere, VCSUtils.pm is the only additional file that needs to be copied with them.  (VCSUtils.pm itself doesn't depend on anything else in WebKit as of r46669.)

The only "non-svn" functionality they have now is that svn-apply is able to apply patches to either an svn or a git repository.  (The other two scripts are still svn-only.)

I'm not sure how this makes them WebKit-specific?

Dave