[webkit-dev] Dependency tracking in the Qt build system

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Fri Aug 14 13:05:57 PDT 2009

On 2009-08-12, at 18:37, Mark Rowe wrote:

> On multiple occasions today we've been forced to manually do a clean
> build on the Qt build bot in order to work around test failures or
> crashes caused by bad builds.  In the most recent case <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/47165
> > reordered some virtual methods in Element.  This resulted in 14
> failures on the Qt buildbot: <http://build.webkit.org/builders/Qt%20Linux%20Release/builds/472
> >.  Can someone with knowledge of the Qt build system please
> investigate what needs done to remove the need for this manual
> intervention in incremental builds so that keeping the Qt buildbot
> green is less painful?

The Qt bot has hit this situation several more times in the 36 hours
since I posted about this.  A build bot that requires this sort of
manual intervention to keep building places an undue burden on
committers.  I would appreciate if someone could investigate and come
up a solution for this problem.

- Mark