[webkit-dev] Documenting common null pointer errors

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Tue Aug 11 15:03:32 PDT 2009

In reviewing patches, I feel like I'm commonly pointing out
DOMWindow::frame and Document::frame, etc, can be null in some
circumstances.  Would it be useful to have a diagram of the major
objects (Page, Frame, DOMWindow, Document, etc) somewhere on
webkit.org that shows their relation, which links can be null, and
which objects change / are preserved during navigation?

If so, I'm happy to create this with my current knowledge, and
hopefully folks with more experience will add parts that I don't know.
 What's the best medium to make this easy to update in the future?
SVG?  ASCII art?

Adam