[webkit-dev] Using JavaScriptCore in Win32

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Mon Aug 10 10:44:54 PDT 2009

Darin Adler wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Brian Barnes wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to use JSC in my win32 port of my application, and am
>> running into a number of problems.  I suspect they all stem from the
>> fact that there must be some #defines I need to properly set before
>> compiling the headers or some other required library or header.  This
>> seems to be the case as the first error I get is:
>>
>> #if !PLATFORM(WIN_OS)
>>
>> throws up an "unexpected token".
>
> What header? The code you show above would only be in internal
> JavaScriptCore headers. These are intended to be used only inside
> JavaScriptCore itself, or inside other parts of the WebKit project.
>
> Public JavaScriptCore headers, like JSObjectRef.h, won't have code
> like that in them.
>
>     -- Darin
Hi Darren,

Yes, that's my confusion.  I included this header: JavaScriptCore.h

Or I included just the headers I needed separately (JSObjectRef,
JSValueRef, etc), with the same problem.

JSBase.h includes stdbool.h, which is where this error comes from.  I
need JSBase to compile scripts, unless I'm mistaken here.

[>] Brian