[webkit-dev] WebKit and Khronos Group

Harry Underwood raynenamibia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:14:31 PDT 2009

So what you're also saying is that the combination of CSS 3D Transforms in
Animations with SVG (resulting, I'm assuming, in SVG-transformed animation
through CSS styling) does not translate or correlate to what either WebGL or
O3D are meant to do, even though O3D and SVG are both retained mode APIs?
And you're also saying that it isn't the intention of WebKit's
implementation (or Apple's Working Draft) of SVG Transforms (as per
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-Transforms/ ) to allow for the construction and
styling of full scenes and models like those in O3D? The draft has a
combination of CSS transitions, CSS Animations and CSS 3D to plug into SVG,
so it would seem like any composition using SVG Transforms could accomplish
mostly with CSS what O3D accomplishes with JavaScript (unless I'm not
reading it correctly).

Harry