[webkit-dev] Calling All Reviewers

David Levin levin at google.com
Fri Aug 7 09:35:40 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Eric Seidel<eric at webkit.org> wrote:
> > We're down to 60 now.  84 when I started my crusade (shortly before
> sending
> > the previous mail).
> >
> https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=review%3F
> > A long way to go yet!  I think I'm tuckered out for the evening.
>
> If there is anything Maxime and I can do to help with the Haiku
> patches, let me know. I believe all the remaining patches have been
> run through the cpplint script

I just start looking at my second one and then stopped after noticing issues
that would be caught automatically by check-webkit-style.

With that in mind, here's some ideas that I hope you find helpful:
1. Make sure they all pass check-webkit-style.  We didn't have this when you
started, and it still is getting adopted. so it is understand that they
don't pass. However, it will find a number of issues for you (and shorten
the back and forth).  Note that this tool will miss a lot of things as well.
2. Do a visual inspection of the patches using the formatted diff in
bugzilla just for general formatting.
3. I suspect that Maxime and you have learned a lot about WebKit style
through the reviews.  It would be good to review your own patches with this
new knowledge to see if you see anything to fix.

To help reviewers know what is ready, obsolete any patches that fail any of
these steps and finish all steps before putting the r? on it.

Thanks,
Dave