[webkit-dev] Towards a commit-queue

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Aug 3 09:43:35 PDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 8:41 PM, Adam Barth wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM, David Kilzer<ddkilzer at webkit.org>
> wrote:
>> Either we should change the review process to only set the review+
>> flag if the patch is ready to go with zero modifications, or we
>> should use the commit+ flag to signify that.
>>
>> I could go either way on this.  I don't like the idea of setting
>> review- flags for trivial fixes that could be landed with minor
>> modifications.  On the other hand, being able to commit patches
>> directly from bugs.webkit.org with bugzilla-tool is really handy.
>
> The other factor is that some committers might not want the
> commit-queue script to land their changes.  In those cases, their
> patches would get an r+ but never get a commit+.  (Personally, I don't
> mind if other people want to land may changes, but I can see how it
> might disrupt other's workflow.

I think the flag state should be "commit?" for requesting a commit,
and "commit+" for a committed patch, to match how we use the review
flag. That way, either the patch submitter or anyone else who notices
the patch needs committing and wasn't submitted by a committer can
flag it, and the state when the patch is landed can be clear.

Regards,
Maciej