[webkit-dev] Towards a commit-queue

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Sat Aug 1 11:45:43 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:04 AM, David Kilzer<ddkilzer at webkit.org> wrote:
> > Bugzilla has the ability to create additional 4-state flags at both the
> attachment level and at the bug level.  (Note that bugs.webkit.org does
> not have bug-level flags enabled.)
> >
> > For example, we could create a "commit" attachment flag which would have
> four states (just like the "review" flag):  <none>, commit?, commit+,
> commit-.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this helps or hurts, though it would have made abarth's
> desired workflow much nicer.
>
> Yeah, that sounds great.  Should we try that out for a while and see
> if it's useful?

This seems fine to me, except it adds yet another layer of complexity to the
review process. I think getting patches landed more quickly is probably
worth it though. This is essentially a slightly more complicated (but easier
to implement?) version of Maciej's proposal from a few weeks ago to get rid
of r* and have the following four review states:

REQUESTED
DENIED
APPROVED WITH MODIFICATIONS
APPROVED
One benefit over the above is that, I don't think we need to restrict
commit+ to people with svn commit bit, as long as a patch is r+'ed or r+'ed
with modifications.

Ojan