[webkit-dev] TestShell for WebKit rendering engine

Lucius Fox lucius.fox08 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:07:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> On 2009-04-30, at 19:20, Lucius Fox wrote:

>>> The link that Darin sent out earlier talks about doing just that
>>>
>>> (<http://developer.apple.com/safari/articles/opensource/webkitnightlybuilds.html>).
>>>  The section titled "Testing Your Application With WebKit Nightly Builds"
>>> describes running MiniBrowser against a nightly build of WebKit.  The
>>> instructions can trivially be adapted to work with your own build of
>>> WebKit
>>> by changing the value of DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH to point at your built
>>> products
>>> directory.
>>>

>> Thank you for your help.
>> Sorry for my oversight.
>>
>> When you said "your built products directory." Do you mean
>> "./WebKit/mac/Resources"? or "./WebCore/Resources"
>
> The directory beneath which the products of the build process are placed.
>  For a debug build of WebKit without a shared build directory configured in
> Xcode, that would be WebKitBuild/Debug.

Actually, I am thinking if I can do it the other way around.

Follow this http://webkit.org/building/debug.html to run WebCore in
Xcode, but in step 4, instead of
using '/Applications/Safari.app.', use
'/Developer/Examples/WebKit/MiniBrowser/build/Debug/MiniBrowser.app'

If I do that, i can setup breakpoints inside WebCore, since I am
running WebCore Xcode project (instead of MiniBrowser Xcode project).