[webkit-dev] How to make the size of QtWebKit4.dll or libQtWetKit.so smaller?

alex buptdwq at 163.com
Wed Apr 22 19:00:24 PDT 2009

Hi all:
I found that the qt-win-opensource-4.5.0-mingw.exe source code to build qt with webkit under windows, and found the release version size is following:

QtCore4.dll 2.61M
QtGui4.dll 10.9M
QtNetwork4.dll 1.32M
QtWebKit4.dll 18.8M

But I installed the qt-sdk-win-opensource-2009.01.1.exe provided by official site. And I found the dlls are smaller than that I builded.
QtCore4.dll 1.97M
QtGui4.dll 7.14M
QtNetwork4.dll 852K
QtWebKit4.dll 8M

Why so different on the size, Whether there are some other compile options to be set?

Anyone know how to get smaller WebKit library? We want to use it in a Embedded environment.

--

alex ding

Email:buptdwq at 163.com
msn:buptdwq at msn.com