[webkit-dev] Flash not loading

xMac manish.patel at avinashi.com
Fri Apr 17 01:53:55 PDT 2009

Mugdha Jain wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I am working on an independent application to play flash files for Mac,
> Flash player version 10. I am using Webkit code as a reference, and it
> has been really helpful in getting things working so far. Unfortunately
> at this point I am stuck with the movie not being loaded. I do create a
> new stream and deliver the data to the flash plugin, but for some reason
> it is not loading.
>

> Do I need to send a start message or something similar to get it to
> start playing?
>

> To make sure that I am not making mistake somewhere else, I replaced the
> code in Webkit with my code. It works fine, until I replace the code for
> creating the stream and sending the content over the stream in the file
> WebBaseNetscpaePluginView.mm function loadRequest, with my changes,
> which would not create a new WebNetscapePluginStream, but instead send
> the contents right then over the stream. This change is not loading the
> file. I am still not sure of that extra thing that Webkit is doing to
> load the file.
>

> I would appreciate any help in this direction.
>

> Thanks a lot
>
> Mugdha

Hello Mugdha,

I am also developing same kind of application.
I am also using webkit source code for starting and able to initialize the
plugin.
I am also getting entry points of the plugin.
But when i try to send data stream of the SWF to Plugin, nothing is
happening. No error.
I only get InvalidRect callback continuously.

So, are you able to load SWF in MAC?
Do you have any success on this?
If so then let me know where i am making mistakes.

thanks,