[webkit-dev] [webkit-changes] [42428] trunk

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sun Apr 12 23:22:22 PDT 2009

On 13.04.2009, at 3:10, weinig at apple.com wrote:

>         Move more attributes out of JSDOMWindowBase by
>         partially generating them.

We need to do the same to JSWorkerContextBase (which I think will let
us eliminate it quickly).

> +        attribute MessagePortConstructor MessagePort;
> +
>  #if ENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING
> -        attribute MessagePortConstructor MessagePort;
> +        attribute [JSCCustomGetter] MessageChannelConstructor
> MessageChannel; // Usable with the new operator
>  #endif

Why this change? It is mentioned in ChangeLog, but with no
explanation. MessagePort is defined in section 7.3 of HTML5, which is
not at all surprisingly called "Channel messaging". I suggest undoing
this change, unless there is a significant reason for it.

>         (WebCore::JSDOMWindow::xMLHttpRequest):

:-(

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov