[webkit-dev] Allowing webkit clients to extend XHR security policy

Aaron Boodman aa at chromium.org
Sun Apr 12 11:58:40 PDT 2009

It sounds to me like our current patch is the best fit because it fits
our needs, will work with Chromium's out-of-process workers, plus it
allows us to remove FrameLoader::registerURLSchemeAsLocal() as Alexey
requested. It has the downside that the client will get called on
multiple threads, but this will automatically be fixed when the
DocumentThreadableLoader refactor work is done.

Can I get a yay or nay (from Alexey or other interested people) on
moving forward with that patch? We're happy to do the work to remove
registerURLSchemeAsLocal() while we're in there.

Alternatively, can I get an idea for a different approach that would
be accepted?

Thanks,

- a