[webkit-dev] HTMLSelectElement and namedItem()

David Moore davemoore at google.com
Thu Apr 9 12:58:55 PDT 2009

I've looked at FF, IE and Opera.
FF doesn't support named item access from an HTMLSelectElement. It does
support it from HTMLOptionsCollection, and returns 1 element even if there
are multiple options with the same name.

IE doesn't support named item access from either HTMLSelectElement or
HTMLOptionsCollection.

Opera supports named item access from both HTMLSelectElements and
HTMLOptionsCollections. In both cases it returns a single element if there
are duplicate names.

Dave