[webkit-dev] FW: Creating custom DOM events

Ross Lillie ross.lillie at motorola.com
Wed Apr 8 09:19:15 PDT 2009

Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, it¹s the external process generating an event representing the
process¹ completion status that I want to dispatch into a DOM target.  I
understand that I can simply add and event listener to a DOM element,
however if I want my custom event handler to be an attribute of a DOM
element, then I¹m assuming that I need to a) create a custom DOM attribute
that b) implements the EventTarget interface.  My external code then
dispatches it¹s custom event to my custom attribute/eventTarget.  This would
then allow my HTML markup to be of the form:

I¹m not saying that this is necessarily the best way to accomplish this, but
am just trying to understand how everything is connected within the webkit
framework. However, if my understanding is correct, then what is the best
way to add a custom attribute/eventTarget into the DOM?

thanks again for the insights,
Ross

------ End of Forwarded Message