[webkit-dev] Building WebToolKit

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Fri Apr 3 09:11:50 PDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Angrez Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried opening the webkit.sln file in WebKit/Win/WebKit.vcproj
> directory using Visual Studio 2005 but got a lot of errors like this:
>
> The following error has occurred during XML parsing:
>
> File: E:\softwares\safari\WebKit-SVN-source\webkit\WebKit\win
> \WebKit.vcproj\WebKit.vcproj
> Line: 23
> Column: 4
> Error Message:
> Property sheet file '$(WebKitLibrariesDir)\tools\vsprops
> \common.vsprops' was not found or failed to load.
> The file 'E:\softwares\safari\WebKit-SVN-source\webkit\WebKit\win
> \WebKit.vcproj\WebKit.vcproj' has failed to load.
>
> Most of the projects didn't get loaded. Can somebody look into this
> so that I can build it?

If you want to open WebKit.sln in Visual Studio, you need to follow
these directions:

http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingOnWindows#BuildingfromwithinVisualStudio

You should also be able to build using the build-webkit script whether
or not you follow those directions, as described here:

http://webkit.org/building/build.html

-Adam