[webkit-dev] Win32 App

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Tue Sep 30 13:44:05 PDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 6:59 AM, Adam Roben wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Jason Hullinger wrote:

>> Well, it looks like stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString is
>> calling: JSC::JSValue* scriptExecutionResult = coreFrame->loader()-
>> >executeScript(WebCore::String(script), true); The problem, I
>> believe, is that coreFrame (an IWebFrame) is not set to a value
>> because I'm not using an actual frame, or view of any kind. Does
>> anyone know if there is a similar way as a Windows app to do the
>> same as in Cocoa?
>
> I think you may need to call IWebView::initWithFrame before
> stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString will work. I'm surprised that
> isn't required on OS X as well.

It works on the Mac because when you allocate a WebView using
[[WebView alloc] init], the NSView implementation of -init will call
into -initWithFrame:.  If you *don't* call -init, you would need to
call -initWithFrame: or -initWithFrame:frameName:groupName: on the
WebView to initialize it before you could make use of it.

- Mark