[webkit-dev] build problems ( win32 cygwin webkit )

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Thu Sep 25 09:14:00 PDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Albert Law wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting a build failure for Webkit under win32 + cygwin +
> msvs2005.
> Could anyone suggest something?  I'm somewhat confused as to what is
> causing
> the build errors.  To be honest, I'm concerned about seeing:
>
> 1) File not found - *
> 0 File(s) copied

I believe that is a harmless warning.

> 2) Build machine environment variables may not be correct.

This too.

Visual Studio unfortunately generates a lot of noise during the build
process that look suspiciously like real warnings, but are relatively
harmless.  We should call this out in the instructions for building
WebKit on Windows, as many people seem to get hung up on this point.

> Here are the errors, but I've got the full build log at
> [http://paste.lisp.org/display/67432].  Thanks!
>
> Build started: Project: WebKit, Configuration: Debug|Win32
>
> WebKitPrefix.cpp
>
> c:\cygwin\usr\include\sys/_types.h(15) : error C2144: syntax error :
> '__int64' should be preceded by ';'

Why is \cygwin\usr\include in Visual C++'s include path?  This is
almost certainly the reason why you're having problems building, as it
looks to be responsible for all of the errors that you included.

- Mark