[webkit-dev] Transparency on GTK/DirectFB

Weber, Bernd BWEBE at dolby.com
Wed Sep 24 15:10:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get Webkit running with transparency on GTK/DirectFB. I
can see that it does create transparency effects with the background
color of an HTML page, defining, eg. opacity:0.5 or rgba(255,0,0,0.5) in
a div. The holy grail however would be to achieve transparency to the
underlying desktop, by defining "transparent" as the background color.
I'm not sure whether Webkit, especially with GTK/DirectFB, supports this
right now. If so, how can I activate it? If not can someone point me to
the code so I can implement this feature myself??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Bernd

information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.