[webkit-dev] Webkit unicode question

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Sep 23 15:05:27 PDT 2008

On Sep 23, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Sherif wrote:

> the problem on the iphone starts to appear with arabic, farsi, and
> bangali website. Characters appear unconnected to each other without
> letter shaping.

Understood. You can report bugs in Apple products at http://bugreport.apple.com
  and that's the best thing to do about this case. But I happen to
know that this is a known and understood limitation in current
versions of Safari on iPhone.

> Could somebody give me a tip on how to fix it?

Fixing it is up to Apple's iPhone team.

As a WebKit contributor there's nothing you can do or need to do to
get this fixed. WebKit already has what's needed.

     -- Darin