[webkit-dev] WebKit and Windows/Cygwin

Dave English dave.english at thus.net
Fri Sep 12 08:31:55 PDT 2008

In message <200809112053.38980.ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com>, Ariya
Hidayat <ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com> writes

>> For example, I get an error like:
>>
>> c:\Projects\qt-win-opensource-src-4.4.1=bin\rcc.exe: File does not exist
>> '..\..\..\WebCore\page\inspector\WebKit.qrc'
>
>Are you sure this stops the build? IIRC Usually this is a warning only and can
>be ignored. We're working on this, but this is not our high priority.

Ah, thanks, they don't stop my build.  But I had assumed that they would
make my build fail sooner or later.  At the moment it fails later for
something unrelated (

        perl C:/wbkt/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/pcre/dftables
        tmp\chartables.c
        Error in tempfile() using \tmp\dftables-XXXXXXXX.in: Parent
        directory (\tmp\) is not a directory at
        C:/wbkt/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/pcre/dftables line 245

)

>> I should also add that the build generates other errors later on in the
>> file ..\..\..\JavaScriptCore\wft\Assertions.h. It complains of
>> unexpected characters in certain macros formal parameter list.
>
>Sometimes the Qt port of WebKit fails to build, this is to be expected
>(consider the fast development of WebKit). In that case, just checkout a
>revision where somebody from Trolltech did a commit, it has a much higher
>probability that it works.

Yes, that sounds like a good tip.

I won't now be looking at this again for a week or so, but thanks for
the tips.

Regards
--
Dave English                      Senior Software & Systems Engineer
                             Internet Platform Development, Thus plc