[webkit-dev] How does the Javascript garbage collection work?

Josh Chia (谢任中) joshchia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:23:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to debug some memory leaks and now need to understand what
collector.{h,cpp} are doing.  Could someone point me to some documents to
explain how the garbage collector works?  I've also run valgrind and it
complained that CollectorBitmap::get() uses an unreferenced value.  I'm not
sure whether this is really wrong, so I'll have to first understand how the
garbage collector works, the alignment magic used with JSCell and whatever
other GC magic I could probably figure out on my own but only after staring
at the code for a long time.

Josh