[webkit-dev] Curl resourcehandle leaks in Linux/Gtk port

Marco Barisione marco.barisione at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 07:25:36 PDT 2008

Il giorno mer, 10/09/2008 alle 13.26 +0530, zaheer ahmad ha scritto:
> hi,
>
> In the linux Gtk port, with Webkit revision 33493, i see that the
> resource handles (curl backend) never get released after completing
> the data transfer for that request. This results in big leaks in
> resourcehandles as well as the curl internal data structures. (~800k
> on opening nytimes.com and closing the connection)
>
> The reason is that the ResourceHandle ref count never drops to 0,
> resouce loaders drop their refcount correctly, but the ref done by the
> Resource handle onitself  (source below) before handing over to the
> resourcehandle manager is not matched with a deref.

It seems that the ref was added to all the ports to adapt to the change
in r16803, so that's right. The problem is that the resource handle
should delete itself when there is an error or the load is completed but
that doesn't happen in the CURL backend. Later I will check also the
soup one as it may have the same problem.

Thanks for your report, you saved me time trying to find where the extra
reference should have been added/removed.

--
Marco Barisione