[webkit-dev] WebKit and Windows/Cygwin

Frank.Lautenbach at softechnics.com Frank.Lautenbach at softechnics.com
Tue Sep 9 06:04:19 PDT 2008

Mark,

I should add that the ultimate goal of my research is to try to
determine if we can use WebKit to build a client running on a Windows CE
device. I was told WebKit would provide a framework or skeleton for a
browser that we could customize to access peripherals on handheld
devices like barcode scanners, portable printers, magstripe readers. We
are currently trying to determine whether to go thin client or thick
client. There are commercial browsers available but they involve
licensing. The thought was that the open source WebKit would allow us to
write our own thin client.

Frank