[webkit-dev] FrameLoaderClient misses NewWindowAction policy check

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Sep 8 08:53:02 PDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Anton V. Tarasov wrote:

> FrameLoader::continueLoadAfterWillSubmitForm(PolicyAction) just
> ignores its PolicyAction param

That's a little bit sloppy, but working as designed.

This client call is sharing the same mechanism with the other client
calls, but unlike the others it's designed only to delay the
submission of the form, and does not allow cancellation; there's no
real "policy" here.

This is something we could change and refine, but as I say it's
working the way it was intended.

> Then, what is the purpose [of the dispatchWillSubmitForm client
> function]?

Safari, for example, uses this client function to pick up form values
for later use in form auto-fill.

     -- Darin